It Wasn't a Dream

4/11/24 

Today was better.  I went to school, picked up my room, got set up.  Friends brought coffee, flowers and hugs. I only cried a couple of times!  Then the day went on….like “normal.”  I did call Dr. Kippes at 8 to ask some questions.  At 11:10, Katzmann Breast Center called and I totally ran out on my class, and STILL missed the call.  For the love.  I called them back and left a message and asked them to call me after 11:30.  I was NOT hungry for lunch.  But then they called and they can get me in tomorrow!  9AM!  I asked if I was dying and that’s why they could get me in so soon.  She said no, that they had a cancellation.  

Dr. Kippes’s nurse also called and set up a video appointment with me for 4PM today!  Funny how people will call you back when the diagnosis is cancer.  Ugh.


Anyway, I made it through 7 classes until I felt DONE…..the poor 8th and 9th class.  


Dr. Kippes had my results in front of her!!!!  She called the cancer a DCIS, that means that it’s not even Stage 1!  She said it’s 1CM, its Nottingham grade is 1, and it is Estrogen and Progesterone positive.  She said, while unofficial, this was all really good news.  She was ready to help me with anxiety and sleep aids right away, because I said I slept crappy last night (shocker), I’m going to hold off for now.  My hopes are up pretty high for tomorrow’s appointment now, but after that call I wept and felt like I could breathe again for the first time in 24 hours.  Though I know her report is "unofficial."


I made sub plans for tomorrow- they’re not my finest work and it took me forever because I couldn’t concentrate, and Jason had supper ready when I got home. Bless him.  It felt good to tell Nolan good news.  Without crying.  After supper we watched Amazing Race and got shakes and coffee grounds at Smokey Row.  All things considered today at this time feels a lot better than yesterday at this time. 


I am SO tired and also…sports bras can go to hell.  I have 24 hours left….but I have a feeling this will be my sentence….so to anyone wondering what they can do….1. I’m making a list of people who have walked the breast cancer jouney. I can gather strength from.  Send me your people.  2.  Find me a good, comfy sports bra for bigger busted women who don’t want to play tennis and run….who want to teach music, go for a walk and sleep.  (Yes.  Sleep.  It’s torture.  And YES, I know there are bigger fish to fry right now, but just let me bitch.). 3. There are going to be typos on this blog. Please forgive me!


Popular posts from this blog

It Takes a VILLIAGE

FAQ 1

The Day Everything Changed