You'll Never Walk Alone

4/27/24

Friday was a work day at school!  HOORAY!  I worked on progress reports, prepping for the end of the year, and possible sub plans.  It's hard to write sub plans not knowing exactly when they might be implemented, but I feel like I have a good outline for the rest of the year that I can pull from or I can write sub plans for.

Kali called and set up an appointment with Dr. Torstenson on Friday, May 3.  We're going to talk through a surgical update since including Tallulah in the mix, and schedule surgery(probably a lumpectomy on each breast and sentinel lymph node surgery).  Kali thinks it will happen within the next few weeks.  I wonder what "few" means to Kali.  Kali is also getting ready to have a baby which is super exciting, but I'm already feeling attached to her! 

The biopsies from Tuesday haven't been painful.  The left side itches.  Lymphadora aches a little and I tried to put my backpack on both shoulders yesterday and was quickly reminded that that wouldn't be happening.  Seriously.  Arm pits.  Who knew?!

Today Allison came and we went to the Des Moines Symphony featuring Renee Elise Goldsberry.  Allison asked if I wanted to go to this concert 3 days after my diagnosis.  I had no idea who Renee Elise Goldsberry was, but if it meant spending time with Allison I was in!  (She's the original Angelica Schuyler from Hamilton on Broadway.). I LOVE being in Allison's presence.  Unbeknownst to me until 2.5 weeks ago, Allison's sister had a similar diagnosis a year ago.  Allison hooked me up with Arynn and both have been enormous gifts to me already!  Guidance, laughs, love, time and recovery goodies. 

There's nothing like live music, and there were several times it felt like she picked her set list just for me.  But her encore was You'll Never Walk Alone from Carousel, and I lost it.  I am so grateful to so many who are ensuring that I'll never walk alone.

When you walk through a storm
Keep your chin up high
And don’t be afraid of the dark.

At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you’ll never walk alone!
You’ll never walk alone.

Rodgers & Hammerstein

Popular posts from this blog

It Takes a VILLIAGE

FAQ 1

The Day Everything Changed