Bzzzzzzzzzzz

 Today's events:

  • Bridgerton Season 3 Part 1.  Meh.  It was okay, I was happy with the outcome.  Part 2 is June 13.
  • Mother of the Bride on Netflix- takes place in Phuket, Thailand where my Amanda will be teaching next year.  😭Phuket looked beautiful.  Benjamin Bratt wasn't too bad either.  Netflix version of a Hallmark movie though.
  • I realized that it's NOT my armpit incision that hurts, it's above that.  I wonder if that's where she had to "dig around" to find the sentinel lymph node.
  • I emailed Katlyn, my new Katzmann nurse navigator (Kali is on maternity leave), to ask about the armpit steri strip, as it is coming off.  She said I could clip the part that's coming off, but not to pull the rest off so the incision doesn't open.  Eww.
  • Medical Oncology called, I'm scheduled to see them on 6/10 at 2:30.  They are the people who help people with chemo, and in my case the Tamoxifen I will be on for many years to help ensure I don't have a recurrence.
  • Becky and Jordan came over after school, brought supper and a beautiful plant from the Brookview Social Committee.  It was great to see them!  We toasted cancer, teens, graduates and garages.  Food for the soul.  
  • While eating a scotcharoo with my friends on the patio, a wasp landed on it while I was taking a bite.  Can you picture this is slow motion?  A. wasp. stung. my. tongue.  Honestly I think that hurt worse than anything else in the last month!  I took 2 Benedryl right away, and carried on.  WTAF.🐝
  • I'm reading Life Reconstructed Navigating the World of Mastectomies and Breast Reconstruction by Kim Harms.  My aunt gifted me the book, as the author is from Britt.  I'm learning so much and I'm feeling so fortunate I did not need to have a mastectomy.  I'm mourning for the women I know who have.  There is SO much that goes along with this horrible, annoying disease that most people don't know about unless they, or someone they love, has gone through it.  The book is an interesting, easy read (written more conversational than text book...not that the TOPIC is easy!) and I recommend it to really, anyone.

Popular posts from this blog

It Takes a VILLIAGE

FAQ 1

The Day Everything Changed