Clean Margins!

Melanie, a nurse navigator with Katzmann, called me at 5:15PM on a Friday.  

  • All 8 lymph nodes are negative for cancer.
  • All margins are clean for the carcinoma in the right breast.  It was .31," making it stage 1A.
  • No malignancy found in the lobular hyperplasia on the left.  
Next week I can plan on a phone call from medical oncology to schedule an appointment to discuss and start on hormone blockers.  I should also receive a call from radiation oncology to get that scheduled.  

Today I am tired.  My pain isn't bad, I will probably take ONE of the CORRECT pain pills before bed, but otherwise took Advil once today.  I'm not trying to be brave or strong.  Honestly, my lower back hurts the most right now because of all the laying.

Jason worked from home today.  My parents stopped for birthday cake, took me on a short walk, I read some, and pulled out all of the thank you writing supplies...and now I'm ready for another nap.  Jason and Nolan went to see Hawkeye Baseball at Principal Park and I am starting a Bridgerton marathon.


Popular posts from this blog

It Takes a VILLIAGE

FAQ 1

The Day Everything Changed