Somewhere Over the Rainbow

 


Today was a bizarre day.  I thought of six weird things that happened at school.  They best be left off the blog, because I do enjoy my job.  

I had been hoping Corrina, my Katzmann scheduler, would call me all day!  I even had my dad text me a picture of her business card as I decided when to start bothering her.  At 3 I decided I would email and if I didn't hear back, I would call her at noon tomorrow.  She called me at 4!!!  I haven't been that excited for a phone call in a long time!  Surgery is scheduled for noon on Wednesday, May 15!!!!

I have to be Downtown at ambulatory surgery at 8.  At 8:30 I will have breast seed localization in one breast and at 9:15 in the other.  This is when a tiny metal seed, about the size of a sesame seed, is placed into abnormal breast tissue.  This seed contains a small amount of radiation, and will help Dr. T find the area of abnormal tissue because they are too small to be see or felt by hand.  (That paragraph was mostly provided by the NAPBC handout in my folder- I'm out of practice on my citations.)

I'm not sure what happens between 9:15 and 12.  I know I won't be eating or drinking anything.  My dad suggested a book.  I can picture myself reading the same line over and over again.  I think I'll take a coloring book and a People Magazine.  

Surgery should take about 90 minutes, and will include a lumpectomy on the right (Tabitha-Invasive Ductal Carcinoma- Cancer), a lumpectomy on the left (Talullah- Atypical Lobular Hyperplasia-not cancer), and Sentinel Lymph Node surgery where they will also remove the biopsied lymph node(Lymphadora- not cancer).  That handout is lengthy and I'm not in the mood to summarize, so feel free to Google, or I can text you a picture of the handout if you'd like.  TMI ALERT:  All I know is that I'm going to get a drug that's going to make me not care that there will be a needle going into my areola to inject dye to locate whatever lymph nodes receive lymphatic fluid from Tabitha.  You're grabbing your chest right now, aren't you?  Here's hoping it's a very good drug.  I TOLD you TMI!

I will have a post-op appointment 2 weeks after surgery, and then I will meet with an occupational therapist 3-4 weeks after surgery should there be any lymphedema.  

What now?  
  • I entered absences from 5/15-5/30. Gut wrenching to not finish the year, as one of my work besties is moving.
  • I need to call at 8AM to get a pre-op physical ASAP.
  • I need to make 3-4 lesson plans for each grade, and make sure my room is in order.
  • Progress Reports!
  • Jason's b-day is 5/16, Nolan's is 5/19, I must make sure they are well taken care of!
Nolan had a baseball game tonight.  There was a rain delay once, and then second time it started raining I left.  Jason sent a text saying there was a double rainbow, so I went outside and it was perfect.  Super bright, right outside!  

Somewhere over the rainbowWay up highThere's a land that I heard ofOnce in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbowSkies are blueAnd the dreams that you dare to dreamReally do come true
Someday I'll wish upon a starAnd wake up where the clouds are far behind meWhere troubles melt like lemon dropsAway above the chimney topsThat's where you'll find me
Somewhere over the rainbowBluebirds flyBirds fly over the rainbowWhy then, oh, why can't I?
Somewhere over the rainbowBluebirds flyBirds fly over the rainbowWhy then, oh, why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds flyBeyond the rainbowWhy, oh why can't I?



Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg

        


Popular posts from this blog

It Takes a VILLIAGE

FAQ 1

The Day Everything Changed